Hazardous Materials Survey & Management
Ecoteam provides reliable, professional and WHS compliant Hazardous Materials (HazMat) services.
Hazardous Materials Survey Reports are required before renovation or demolition of workplace buildings constructed prior to 2003.
Hazardous materials assessments are also beneficial in workplaces using hazardous chemicals (as per the SafeWork Australia Code of Practice: Managing Risks of Hazardous Chemicals in the Workplace ).
Ecoteam has over 35 years combined experience working with hazardous materials and contaminated sites. Our fully accredited and professional staff will identify all types of hazardous materials, their location and appropriate management and disposal requirements. We will provide a detailed quote and happily answer any questions you have throughout the process.
What are Hazardous Materials?
Hazardous materials can include:
- Asbestos containing materials (ACM) – fibre board, resins, pipes, airbourne fibres
- Lead based paints – discarded and stockpiled tins, painted surfaces.
- Polychlorinated biphenyls (PCBs) – old transformers
- Synthetic Mineral Fibres (SMFs) – glass fibre, mineral wool and ceramic fibre for acoustic and thermal insulation, and brick and mortar materials.
- Ozone depleting substances (CFCs)
Appropriate management and / or disposal actions may include:
- Preparation of a hazardous materials register, including management of asbestos
- Scope of works for removal and disposal of hazardous materials, including asbestos
- Air monitoring during asbestos removal
- Asbestos awareness training
Sampling and Assessment
Our sampling and assessment techniques are industry best practice, including accreditation as Licenced Asbestos Assessors and for use of XRF handheld Lead analysers.
- Collection and analysis of potential asbestos containing materials, including risk assessment and monitoring of airborne fibres. •Analysis of all liquid and materials samples at a NATA accredited laboratory.
- Identification of lead painted materials using a handheld XRF analyser for immediate results.
- Sampling of unidentified liquids for PCBs and other potential contaminants.
Please contact our office in Lismore, northern NSW on (02) 6621 5123. We service Australia wide and look forward to working you on your next project.